Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope you are feeling better, glad your mom is a help. The littles (Thats what we call kids here) need their mommy too, even when shes icky. Glad they're staying kinda close. Poor ferrets, they wanna bit of you too. My really "fat rats" Leonard and Salty are clingin to the bars wantin out, but Im coming home too late to snuggle tonight, poor hostages. Too many cats in the house when I open the door at 5 am to let them run around in the a.m.
Hope you feel better tomorrow, so you can pull off a Great Thanksgiving!
Take Care!
Tina

(Working late tonight so I can spend the day with family - Social Services dont rest til the last minute on the holidays)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
keljonma said:
I don't think so! :p Besides it looks like FC is taking responsibility for this :D ... But I think it is really from stress brought on by QA thinking the hockey stick sil was moving in next door! :D
Well, they truly say that laughter is the best medicine, and this is the best laugh I have had all day! I have tears, and I can't stop laughing. Really I can't!

Roosmom, my chickens did NOT make me sick :p They loooove me.

Bad news is, can't love on my ferrets with the crud, because I could pass it to them.

I was coming to post that I love my mom, but what she did for me is nothing compared to this laugh!!

Mom came over and fed my chickens and goats for me and put on a pot of coffee. Made sure the kiddos didn't need anything. She would have taken the kids home with her, except for 1) My cousins kids are there (looooooong story) and 2) I really want my kids here with me for tomorrow since we won't be going over there (unless I am feeling better.)

Anyway, mom's sure know how to make ya feel better, but friends I guess do it better when they make you laugh like this!!!
That was a terrific thing for your mom to do!

Are you sure Louisa is still in the duck pen?? :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I don't think mom snuck out any chickens...she came in the house to visit for a bit....hmm...I didn't check her coat....hmmm....lol....

Might have to send DH out when he gets home to check on the chooks...........

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Today has been over all a good day.

Since I wasn't feeling well yesterday, we stayed home and made our own turkey dinner and had a private celebration with our kids. My parents are on their way now for a short visit and dessert.

I collected two eggs this morning out of the layer coop. But the exciting news is both yesterday and today, I got an egg out of the bantam coop!! I am not sure who is laying, but someone is!!

I had a Mille Fleur cockerel that had been acting sick for several weeks. I had kept him separated as far from the other chickens as possible. So today I told DH, we need to just put him down. It was hard, as he was only 2 months old, but DH did it for me so I wouldn't have to. I told him I would rather just put him down, than risk the rest of my flock. Not sure what was wrong with him, and no one else ever showed any of the symptoms that he had, so I am hoping no one was exposed. He had never been in with the main or bantam flock, but he was in with other chicks. We now have those chicks separated making sure they don't show any signs of what he had. It's been two weeks, no symptoms yet.

So other than that, today has been a wonderful day.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is exciting to get eggs!! We got 5 last week and thought ours were starting to lay...then nothing at all for the last three days except for a duck egg.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Today has been over all a good day.

Since I wasn't feeling well yesterday, we stayed home and made our own turkey dinner and had a private celebration with our kids. My parents are on their way now for a short visit and dessert.

I collected two eggs this morning out of the layer coop. But the exciting news is both yesterday and today, I got an egg out of the bantam coop!! I am not sure who is laying, but someone is!!

I had a Mille Fleur cockerel that had been acting sick for several weeks. I had kept him separated as far from the other chickens as possible. So today I told DH, we need to just put him down. It was hard, as he was only 2 months old, but DH did it for me so I wouldn't have to. I told him I would rather just put him down, than risk the rest of my flock. Not sure what was wrong with him, and no one else ever showed any of the symptoms that he had, so I am hoping no one was exposed. He had never been in with the main or bantam flock, but he was in with other chicks. We now have those chicks separated making sure they don't show any signs of what he had. It's been two weeks, no symptoms yet.

So other than that, today has been a wonderful day.
Congrats on the egg!
Sorry about the Cockeral :(
Take care,
tina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ok, I will empty my inbox...

Just stopping in to pop in a picture of my three ferrets. They were having a free for all in their tent!

I am busy today cleaning, washing dishes, I got FOUR Eggs today! Three out of the layer pen and one of my bantams is laying! Not sure who, though.

Anyway, these are my three ferrets...Meeko (dark sable boy), Snickers (white one) and Mocha (brown).
100_2958.jpg