Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh no! sorry.
:-(

i wouldnt have left that kid there either.. you did the right thing.

*big hugs*

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey you....that totally sucks, but you know what? In my book you can't ever go wrong helping a kid.

He tried to find them and comply...they left him with little choice and they should be proud to call you a friend, anyone who goes out of their way to help a kid is a good person. You would have felt awful leaving a lost kid at that auction. THAT woudl have been irresponsible.

:hugs

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whats the deal with the auction not letting you use there phone? If the parents did not respond to the page that should have been THEIR next step. You only did what you thought best. Maybe after they calm down a bit they will realize they were wrong.

If I ever ditch my kids at an auction I would love it if you could bring them home!!! :D

Have a better day,

gina

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is their loss, Not yours. Your concern for the safety of their child was in the right.
Sometimes F-bombs just happen!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:hugs You went out of your way to keep their kid safe. That was their job- but at least somebody was looking out for him. They should have apologized to the child and thanked you.

One other detail bugs me. Why couldn't they watch their son in the parade, then go together as a family? People used to be there for their kids at events like that.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
One other detail bugs me. Why couldn't they watch their son in the parade, then go together as a family? People used to be there for their kids at events like that.
I honestly don't know, but I guess the parade was rained out today anyway.

I did feel bad losing my cool in front of the kids. That's my bad.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I've sorta been in your shoes Q. I would never leave a child alone, especially when I was leaving.

In my case the said child's parents forgot her at school. (She is my daughter's friend and only 13.) When I picked up my daughter from school (she stayed late for P.E.) her friend was still waiting and she got out on time!

I called every number I had for her parents, no answer, left tons of messages. So I took her home.

Never heard another thing from her (strange) parents. I love the kid, but her parents are totally "out there".

And you are not the only parent out there who has lost their cool in front of the kids and dropped the f-bomb, believe me! ;)

(Those parents owe you a huge "thank you" IMO.)

:hugs I'm with kc, get a refreshing beverage and a yummy treat to eat and call it a day!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Big hugs to you, and a chocolate bar.

I have to say that you did the right thing, and I would have done the same in your shoes! As for them not going to the parade? sheesh! Seems parents want the village to babysit their child when its convenient, and if something would have happened to their boy, they would have blamed you for not keeping him close and being a "good friend"......
:duc

Just say NO to drama!! Think of it this way, its one less dramatic hassle in your life.