Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In my book, not being able to call a person like you a friend any more is their loss, not yours.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I wouldn't leave a kid behind under those circumstances either. You left a note on their car for crying out loud.
I bet the parents feel guilty and are taking it out on their kid and you.

I've yelled and used bad language in front of my kid a time of two. They get over it. It makes us human. You explained that you aren't proud of the way you acted or your choice of words. That only shows them how a person should act, when they make a mistake.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So it's a new day. An over cast, threatening to rain day.

I've got my morning cup of coffee, I've already walked outside and checked on the chickerdoodles...

and I didn't sleep well.

I'm hoping to spend today working on a couple cross stitches - it's just going to be a relaxing day with lots of coffee.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Good for you! You need a break every now and then. :clap

Just think of me at work while you are cross stitching with your feet up. Two more days of school and then maybe I can take a day like that .... :cool:

Who am I kidding! I have been putting off work and putting off work with the intent of "doing it when school is out". :th Bad me.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My motto is the golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. And then rest well with your decision.

Don't dwell on what is now in the past, move on to the future, so with that said--have a great day!!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics. Your life sounds as hectic as ever; so you certainly deserve a restful break! I saw some cross stitch kits at the local consignment shop last week that were farm/country themed. They made me think of you. :D But I thought they were over priced for their sizes and didn't buy any.

Enjoy the rain.... it means you don't have to water the veg garden. ;)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have to agree that you did the right thing and it's their loss not yours.
Happy Tuesday to you too!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It was a good Tuesday. Quiet and relaxing. For the most part. lol

I have eggs pipping in the incubator right now - Welsummer eggs from my own flock! :D

I have Lavender Orps due to hatch in 2 days.

I also had to pull a few dud eggs that I had set last week.

I did work on a cross stitch today - the one I chose to work on today is a farm scene. It's for Becca (not a surprise, because she already knows about it).

I also have the Delaware Hens pattern that I'm working on. It has a big Dellie Roo in the middle with lots of ladies around him. It's called "Ladies in Waiting".

A week or so ago I scored an entire box of cross stitch pattern books. They wanted 25 cents a book and there was close to 70 books. So I offered 10 cents a book, and we started counting the books - we got to 50 books and she said how about $5 for the whole box. I said OK!!

There are tons of cute patterns in them. I've already looked through them all and chose the ones I want to do, and the books that don't have any patterns I want to do will be sold at the flea market.

I like working on more than one cross stitch at a time because sometimes I get bored working on the one I started, so I switch it up some and work on another one. Then after a few days I go back and work on the other one for a bit.

Some patterns go quicker and are easier to complete in fast and timely manners. :lol:

I am up to 4 newly hatched call ducks, with several more due in about a week. Of my 4 new babies, I have one special needs little one. He's smaller than the others, has one eye matted shut, hadn't absorbed all his yolk, and can't really get his feet under him yet.

He hatched yesterday, and has shown some improvement from the time he has hatched, so I'm going to give him a day or two to see how he's doing and then make the decision to cull or not to cull.

Right now we're sitting outside burning off a brush pile in our back yard. I'm ready for bed.

Tomorrow we are going to Becca's to fix her breaks and maybe till up her garden for her to help her out.

Have a great night everyone!!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My late MIL was a huge cross stitcher for many many years. When she died I got a big box of books and SEVERAL very organized floss keeper boxes full of floss, as well as quite a bit of fabric.

I have done a bit of work in the past and hope to again someday, so I will just hang on to the supplies for a while. I already did a purge of the books and sold a few on eBay. No since keeping them if I know I'll never use them.

It sounds like you really scored on your find!! Wow less that 10 cents a BOOK!! The books also sound good. Farm scenes, chickens ... Many of the books my MIL had are work related secretary, doctor, or just plain old ugly. At least the floss is really nice.