Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Yay! I'm glad you liked it all :D

Sorry to hear about all the rain....I wish we would get some here it is just awful.....I was sweating already at 8 this morning and all I was doing was watching the duck pool fill up and laughing my butt off at a squirrel at my feet trying to get in the feed bin.

Okay, so you know what I'm gonna request......where's the pics of the scovie babies already? :lol:

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't float away today! That heavy rain missed us by just a couple miles, phew! We are soggy enough already! I'm hearing thunder again though. Just in time to rain out the Memorial Tournament (golf) Happens every year :lol:

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sorry ya"ll are drowning. I can relate, we have had over 6" before and it isn't any fun to get that much rain at once.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Miss Priss came off her nest - finally! - with 10 little 'scovy babies in tow!! 6 black and whites and 4 Red and White! I'll be keeping all the reds, I think.....
congrats!

and man! i'm parking my ark next yours.. this is just silly. but maybe some of the humidity will clear off.. its been a swamp!

:)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
and man! i'm parking my ark next yours.. this is just silly. but maybe some of the humidity will clear off.. its been a swamp!

C'mon! I think between the two of us we'd eat well for 40 days and nights :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ok so you know I had to try this out - copying and pasting pics from BYC Upload storage to here :lol:

This is my DD's black Cochin Bantam Pair, Flicka and Cackle

14550_cacklenflicka.jpg

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
ohiofarmgirl said:

C'mon! I think between the two of us we'd eat well for 40 days and nights :lol:
hee hee hee aint that right!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
holy smoke c'mon someone turn the faucet OFF already!!!

I'm cooking hamburgs for dinner. E will eat his on bread - mine's going to be wrapped in romaine lettuce with some tomato between the meat and lettuce and I'm having brussel sprouts in butter sauce on the side.

but golly! our power is blinking, the storm has knocked our phone out, and I keep running out between showers to feed animals - I get one pen done and it down pours again. ICK.

and I'm watching a lot of water running down and across our ground - I'm out of storage for water and it's such a crying shame!

oh wait!! we have a couple kiddie pools we can fill up...................

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, what a huge amount of rain you have been experiencing! Sheesh - I wish some of it would come this way (wrong direction tho....westward). You all live such exciting lives!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
yes we are! and Jefferson County, which is the county that borders ours on our Eastern side - had a tornado touch down in one of their little towns either yesterday or the day before. There was a family that had it come right through their farm, destroyed some trees and a few outbuildings I think - but they were counting their blessings just thankful that all of their family, dogs, and livestock survived!
Tornado touched down 10 minutes east of us the other day. It happened around 3 pm and all the local school districts delayed the school closing and immediately went into "tornado drill" mode. Thankfully, no one was hurt, from what I heard.

Glad to hear no one was hurt out your way either.