Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh Aly, they are soooooo cute! Guess what??? One of my indian runners has gone broody too.....nearly flogged me to death last night when I stuck my head in the duck house to do a head count before closing them up! I got a serious wing lashing.

Um.....what did you say about sebbie babies????

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Yep! and don'tcha know I scrolled back to make sure he wasn't covered in dirt :lol: That was before all the rain, and well, all of the kids love running barefoot and playing in the dirt :rolleyes:
Dirt & running barefoot are both good for the immune system! :lol:

Nice looking ducks you have there!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Oh Aly, they are soooooo cute! Guess what??? One of my indian runners has gone broody too.....nearly flogged me to death last night when I stuck my head in the duck house to do a head count before closing them up! I got a serious wing lashing.

Um.....what did you say about sebbie babies????
Yes, I have two Sebbie goslings - they were hatched I think on Mother's day or around there.

Lemme guess - you want pics??

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Yep! and don'tcha know I scrolled back to make sure he wasn't covered in dirt :lol: That was before all the rain, and well, all of the kids love running barefoot and playing in the dirt :rolleyes:
Dirt & running barefoot are both good for the immune system! :lol:

Nice looking ducks you have there!
That must be why I never get sick!! (knock on wood)

gina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Pics my foot, I want the babies!!! :lol:
Well, if you're up for a road trip, that can be arranged. I have one white and one blue. ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We had planted our garden fairly early - as in before May 12 early. We've already been eating onions, and we should be canning by July. :D

Our green beans are up, peas are up, squash is up, cucumbers are up, peppers plants and tomatoes are in the ground and growing well, AND we've already harvested some strawberries, my blueberry bushes might actually produce this year, and there's baby plums on our plum tree!!

Our potatoes are already blossoming and we're just waiting for them to DIE OFF already so we can start the process of digging them up in a couple of weeks. Once they are done, gone, and in storage, we'll plant the potato area heavily in more green beans.

My big news is my big ol' lop doe had 6 babies overnight! :D I'm so excited for these babies - they are my first litter of lops. I'll have to get pics of the parents to show you, but the parents are gorgeous (especially my buck) and the babies they've produced are beautiful, too.

There was actually 7 babies, but 1 baby was not in the nest, was bloody, and doesn't look like it might of been still born. I'm happy to report Mama did NOT eat the dead baby. The reason this is good news is because the lady I got Mama from said Mama had her first litter of babies and she had killed them all. She also told me she suspected this was because she moved Mama into a dog crate when she noticed she was pulling hair. I've had Mama in the same rabbit hutch from the start, so there was no moving of her while she was giving birth.

My doe is named Daisy, and she's white with brown, tan, and bluish gray patches all over her. My buck, named Bo Duke, is a light cream color with silver markings similar to how a Siamese cat would be marked - and he has BIG beautiful blue eyes!!!! I'd never seen a rabbit with blue eyes before.

Well, we're off to the little local village to browse a moving sale........

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
OK, here's pics of Papa, Mama, and their 6 babies.

Papa Bo Duke
14550_picture_006.jpg

Mama Daisy Duke (her ears never stay down all the time, like his do, so I think he might mixed.)
14550_picture_005.jpg

And Baby Dukes....heehee
14550_picture_007.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I still can't get over how little those things are when they are born. Just amazing. Daisy and Bo are both very cute. But you know on TV they were cousins!!! :p

Glad to hear your garden is doing well. We had a bit of warm weather last week so ;things are greening up. Post pics when you have time!!

Have fun at the sale.

gina