Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
If you haven't used up all the maxwell house coffee jugs, you could wash them out and collect some water in there...or just use that water for making coffee. :lol:

I thought the garden was going to get completely swamped with water yesterday. But this morning there weren't any puddles left in it, thankfully. The good side is that I'm not paying for water to use on the garden..... :p

Glad to hear you were able to get the young chicks out of the water and dried off. Crazy birds! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
keljonma said:
If you haven't used up all the maxwell house coffee jugs, you could wash them out and collect some water in there...or just use that water for making coffee. :lol:

I thought the garden was going to get completely swamped with water yesterday. But this morning there weren't any puddles left in it, thankfully. The good side is that I'm not paying for water to use on the garden..... :p

Glad to hear you were able to get the young chicks out of the water and dried off. Crazy birds! :D
Yep, and I had to go back out and rescue a Black Sumatra chick just a little bit ago, too. I put him in the coop addition where it's dry and he has a light, food, and water. And company :lol:

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Don't mow yet. You could pasture a dairy cow temporarily, with all that extra grass. :lol: Tell them you'll just take fresh milk for trade.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
:yuckyuck great idea except my yard isn't all fenced in yet.

Someone (lori) had requested some Muscovy Duckling pics - are you ready for some serious cuteness??

AND now with my new found knowledge (thanks BBH!) of being able to use uploads from the sister sites, I have a reason to join The Easy Garden and to frequent BYH more often :lol:

Anyhoo - here's a couple pics of Miss Priss and her babies.

14550_missprissandbabes.jpg

14550_madduck.jpg

I want to get some better pics of the reddish/brown babies and ask a 'scovy expert what color they think they'll be - because I'm thinking they *may* turn out to be chocolates....but I dunno for sure....

no matter what color they turn out to be, it just means I have 3 colors of Muscovy, so I'm excited about the variety!

Our phone was out for most of the day, but they got it working again.

I was supposed to have sold the white Sebastopol gosling today, but the kid - actually a young man - didn't show up. I can't just hold these goslings indefinitely, so I s'pose I'll be putting them both back up for sale.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Your welcome!

Cute ducks! (Is that our boy's leggos back there in the last pic? :))
Yep! and don'tcha know I scrolled back to make sure he wasn't covered in dirt :lol: That was before all the rain, and well, all of the kids love running barefoot and playing in the dirt :rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow you gals are getting some serious weather. I am ashamed to say all I got today was sunburn. :hide

I am glad to hear your all ok. Stay safe and dry.

Cute ducks, Aly. Makes me want one!!!

gina

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I love it when mama ducks try to look all fierce...LOL