Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Our Amish friends are here logging this morning!

E was so disgusted with having to fix the van over the weekend that he thought - for a minute - of "jumping the fence".

Uh, I'm not game - unless they tell me I can keep my camera and pictures - so I said the first thing I could think of to shoot his idea down, "Jumping the fence would require birthing 3 more kids, and I'm NOT having 3 more c-sections!"

So this morning when they showed up, I told N what E said and that I had said it would require 3 more kids. N cracked up laughing and said, "It probably would require 3 more kids.." and then turns to E and said, "But if your oldest knows how to help with babies and change diapers, then there ya go!" :th that was SO not helping!!!

Anyway, they got here at 7 am - and I stumbled out in the yard bleary eyed and looking for my coffee - and B was actually trying to carry on a conversation with me like he thought I could function at 7 am with no coffee!!

We're off to the feed store in a bit for duck grower and chop.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
QA, I have to admit....I had to read that several times to understand what "jumping the fence" meant. LOL Maybe its the sun melting all of my functioning brain cells?? ;)
I was asking myself...what?? Whay would they have to have 3 more kids if he jumped the fence? LOL :lol: Like I said...sun damage. THEN it hit me....jumping the fence meant going Amish! Wow, I am a bit slow today... Altho I admire thier ability to live with just the basic necessities..I think personally...right now, AC is a necessity. BOO TO THE HEAT!!! :tongue
I know what you mean about the lack of coffee fuzz...man, I just dont know how people wake up without it!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: You know I read this whole post earlier today. I didn't get it. I though E was jumping the fence and running away from home. :idunno

So when are you going to post some more pics of your horsie???

gina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We got some important news today - pertaining to an ongoing situation.

It's good news. I wish I could give details, but I'm not comfortable.

How about if I just say we're on the road to justice?

Panther Creek Homestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Glad o hear justice is in the air! and yes I too have thought about jumping the fence. But then i realized that when i need quilting supplies, it would take me 4 hours to get to a fabric store and with the heat index this week over 110, I would never make it, LOL!

Also poo-pooing the idea of three more kids. I would like to have 3 more, just not at this age.

Hope you found your coffee!

Sheila

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
So how's that logging going?
:caf <---- me in the morning

I know how the 'no coffee' thing is, ugh.

I think we'd all like to jump the fence sometimes, but I think with our SS skills most of us are closer than we think! You're sure doing a fine job missy!! :clap

As for the road to justice.... :celebrate

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Yes, I found my coffee :D In fact, fresh pot brewing right now. :D

Our Pastor called us last night and prayed with us. He, as well as our very close circle of friends, is very much in the loop right now. When he called, he prayed for God to surround our entire property with His angels to protect us.

Now, while I do believe in God and trust Him for our protection, and trust our pastor and his wife and our church family - I am still human, and had a hard time falling asleep last night. I struggled with fear - for my children and for our home - our life as we know it now.

Wasn't my most restful night.

Yesterday evening E went and picked up the 13 fence posts we had purchased from the Amish School Benefit Auction. Surprisingly, his dad went with him to help load them into the truck - which was appreciated.

We have a couple Amish friends coming to help us with the tear down of the new home on Saturday. They can only help until noon, but we told them any help is greatly appreciated it. We know these boys normally get paid for their time, so we asked them what they would like to have for their time - one is getting a pair of Mallard ducks, a couple started pullets, and a pair of the RP's once they are older. The other is getting a pair of our BR's and he got 5 Muscovy ducks. Plus, he has to find temporary housing for his existing laying flock, so we will be helping him out there.

Not sure what the plans are for today. Slept in a little late, so going to get that first cup of joe and then head outside after breakfast. I'm thinking bacon and eggs...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Good morning darlin'! Glad to hear everything is falling into place. I know how it is to be afraid for your safety and it will pass. It will get easier day by day. :hugs Just know that if you ever need to talk, we're here for you! :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I admit to being confused about jumping the fence too :gig glad to hear that no one is running away from home :thumbsup

I am glad that justice is coming and I pray for a good out come for you and your family :hugs