Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad everything is working out for ya'll - :hugs

Can't wait to see pics of your "new" place once everthing is set up.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
When I can't sleep because I'm worried or fearful, I usually start reading the book of Psalms or Romans. Prayers your way!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Today was kind of long and boring.

Long and boring is OK with me. Means no drama.

Except I stupidly called BIL in FL to tell him that we've been getting bill collection calls on his wife's capital one credit card. He said, "It's probably a fraud thing".

Uh, no. Because I was a bad girl and let them ramble on about the account before I informed them I was the wrong person. :hide They are 5 months behind on the payment. I even know the dollar amount, AND that it's over the limit and the card has been revoked. :hide YES I know it was wrong of me to do that - but I didn't tell them I listened to the person OR that I let them think I was her for a few minutes.

Nor did I tell him I knew he was lying to me. I just ignored his lie and said well, I thought you should know that they called for her.

Then I said I heard you had a baby boy and he said yea on the 7th and I asked how mom and baby was doing and he said good. And then he said she's out jogging right now -

wait! what? jogging?? three weeks after a c-section and a high risk pregnancy?????

He said, yea, well, you know her she wants to get back in shape so she's out jogging -

well, no I don't know her that well - she's never really made a point to even TRY to be friends.

I told him I had a c-section with our youngest and there was NO WAY I would be out jogging 3 weeks out - I was too sore to even ROLL out of bed, and you can't sit straight up without pain - and funny, I do believe I remember my Dr. telling me NO EXERCISE after the c-section for 8 weeks. :hu

OH well.

There was a small conversation about what is going on here - and BIL let us know he pretty much doesn't care what happened, doesn't want to know what happened, and that it's all just family drama he wants NO part of. OK, that's fine - but then he said something about, "you can pick your friends and not your family"

to which I immediately replied, "Yes, but you choose whether or not to associate with your family."

He said, "exactly"

We hang up, and we go outside. Within a couple minutes we can hear FIL yelling into his phone. :rolleyes: Apparantly it's a big NO NO for us to call E's brother - because he called dad and read him the riot act.

E said as of today, he's an "only child". :rolleyes:

So the whole family is on an "anti-family" campaign - and I'm just really tired of it all and am ready to pack up and follow E to Alaska.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
%@#%@*&@#&(@#@&#@(*

Who needs morons in their life? I say good riddance.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
%@#%@*&@#&(@#@&#@(*

Who needs morons in their life? I say good riddance.
LOL I couldn't have said it better.

I spoke with the prosecuting attorney's office yesterday - and everything is now public. An arrest has been made, and we're waiting for him to be expedited back up here for due punishment.

Before when it wasn't public, I was scared to talk about it because there was a fear of the wrong people finding out before the indictment resulting in fleeing and hiding.

His mom (E's sister) has called everyone in the family and told their side - and we had never said a word to anyone except my FIL for fear the perp would learn we knew and flee. Now we've been accused of starting family drama.

FIL, who up until the point of SIL calling and reading him the riot act, was at least acting like we had his support. Now he's telling us he wants nothing to do with any of it. So, SIL has managed to do her job well and turned all the family against us.

It still hurts sitting here feeling like we have no family support through all this.

Well, that's not entirely true - there's no family support on E's side of the family. My family on the other hand has come through like real support troopers.

And we have my friends here :)

So in the words of ofg - onwards and upwards, right?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
absolutely! onwards and upwards!

and i totally understand the empty feeling when you dont have family around... or the family you WANT around... its very hard and very disappointing. (did i mention that somehow i got shanghai'd into making lunch for my bad MIL.... ) so i feel your pain. and i'll be feeling it later when she gets here. golly i should just start drinking now. sheesh!

so yes - onward and upward!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
well, i've got nothing pressing going on here today - so I s'pose I could pop out there and wrangle the MIL for you :gig

what are we drinking???

we totally need a virtual bar here.....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well you already knew what kind of people these are. Now they are just publicly declaring they are pieces of garbage. Anyone who supports a person like that is no better than the perp.

I have a good bottle of mead here. Let me know if I need to pack it up and send it over :D