WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm good with pint & quart -- even 1/2 gal that I use for milking. Just little ones 😁 I'll have to eat more toast & jelly, or PNJ to empty some. 🤣

A friend gave me a lot of her mom's canning jars a couple yrs ago. Added to already had and there's several hundred now. 🙄🙃

Not a big jelly eater! 🤷 Kids were when small but even my GD is now 22. Probably what I should do is make that sort of thing a buy item.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Salt-less. I can eat most anything that way, except eggs. Those need something! 😳 You get used to it but, takes time. My dad was told to be saltless, so ate that way as a kid. Still low salt.

A challenge for the cook 🤣 esp to convert.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got 21 quarts of tomatoes finishing up, picked this morning, worked on here or there through the day. Mom helped peel and chunk some of the tomatoes after she came home from visiting my brother.

i had to get into the the half gallon jars since i ran out of quart jars. wish i could trade in the pint jars for quart jars - i have cases of pint jars i don't use too often.

Mom asked me if i wanted her to buy a few cases of quarts jars but i'd rather not if we don't really need them. i'm not sure how many more we're doing.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'll use up anything else i can find and buy more quart jars before i use pints. there's a good chance i won't need to buy any - someone told me they have a case and a half of quarts they'll give me next week plus 20 half gallon jars yet to use so i think i'm covered. :)

we don't usually cook anything where a pint is enough and i don't like wasting a lid. more often we are using two or more quarts at a time. the half gallon jars are really nice!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think I'm going to make Dilly beans today. There are soooo many beans I harvested yesterday, from both the bush and the vine beans.

Also thinking of making zuc relish.

We don't use/think of either of the above, but my harvest is sooooo large, I don't want to waste the good food.