What are you doing this weekend?!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Not to be excessively nosy; but what is everyone up to?!

Anything fun?

I'm planning on doing some crafts! I might work on one of the gourds, see what I can make it into. As well as taking care of Alfie the Kombucha scoby and the kefir grains; can't wait until they are done!

Also - Molly the goat who had the preemie has FINALLY passed her placenta. We had to give her some blue cohosh to get it out of her though, but all is well now. Her diet is back to normal, we are still mixing some probios in her water but otherwise no interest in the supplements anyway, which is a good sign. She has such a cute little udder!

Other than that, normal chores, that sort of thing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
getting snowed in right now
cancelling farmer market for tomorrow
3 inches or more and that will shut down NC LOL

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hopefully laying out raised beds... we'll see how cold it actually is and how ambitious I get. If not, probably just reading.

What are you thinking about doing with the gourd BB?

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
-Staying inside, being lazy
-Sunday, making the Bacon Explosion for the Man
-Wishing I could wash the stinky dogs :sick
-Watching my kombucha grow
-Wondering why the h the package I sent to Sally hasn't arrived :/

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds like fun!

FC, how much snow do you have so far?
3 inches shuts down NC???

FF; depends on which one is in the best shape and how much work it will be. We have made hanging pots, feed scoops, pitchers, bowls, and some other items for decor as well. I would like to find a suitable one for a bowl and wood-burn some designs in. We'll see.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
not a thing because it started snowing at 530 here and we are suppose to get 6" they have already warned us the bridges are going to be shut down

ex: we are so not used to this they thought they snow was going to start at like 7 tonight but shut the schools down an hour early AT FRICKING 1 when it was 41 degrees come on the snow is like 6 fricking hours away not like it was a hurricane

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
3 inches shuts down nc you say

the warning of snow shuts us down the thought of snow shuts us down lots of rain shuts us down

there have been many times when they thought it was going to snow 1/2 to 1 inch and shut every gov building down the following day

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing big on the agenda here...running into town for feed, and a few groceries...I need to run the water hoses to the coops. ( this is no small feat, running 300 ft of water hoses to the north, then dragging them another 300+ ft to the south for the sheep)
Im putting a chicken in the rotisserie for Saturdays dinner, then Sunday will be chicken and dumplins and biscuits. :drool
Oh, and I have to find WHERE the mouse died in the basement. :sick :lol:

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Nothing big on the agenda here...running into town for feed, and a few groceries...I need to run the water hoses to the coops. ( this is no small feat, running 300 ft of water hoses to the north, then dragging them another 300+ ft to the south for the sheep)
Im putting a chicken in the rotisserie for Saturdays dinner, then Sunday will be chicken and dumplins and biscuits. :drool
Oh, and I have to find WHERE the mouse died in the basement. :sick :lol:
Might I suggest a terrier for that?