What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I harvested the sun flowers, cut back the horseradish leaves AND looked for my glasses, I have decided they are not in the garden, they are not in the GB trimmings/vines, they are not in the lavender beds/ not in the house/
View attachment 24432
I have NEVER lost something that I couldn't find--they are very lost:idunno

i hope the dog didn't eat them... just kidding. sort of... sorry... i shouldn't have mentioned it...

i am wondering if you took them with you someplace else and then forgot them? like in the car or ?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we got the grass mowed and before that i weeded for a while in the north garden and buried scraps from canning. today i'll be over there weeding some more, but the nice thing is that i'm almost ahead now since i can scrape most of it rather quickly and only have a few weeds that will go on the weed pile. this means that real progress is being made for the next season in removing those long term weed seeds (spurge, oxalis and purslane being the main culprits, some nutsedge in one area).

i do also have some turnip stalks to bury in there and that's where some of the non-seedy weeds will go. i can also do some puttering with the thyme. no shortage of things to do, just have to decide what to do. :) a few hours of that will be plenty for today, then i'll see how many tomatoes need picking and get them canned. at least that's the plan... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
picking dry beans, some onions, a few squash and a melon yesterday, sorted through the dry beans, prepped two buckets of green peppers for stuffed green peppers, shelled some beans, buried trimmings in North Garden.

this morning picking more tomatoes and then have to get more dry beans picked as there are chances of rain for today and the rest of the week so anything i can get picked and brought in will be helpful. maybe the scattered rains forecast for today will miss us completely. we'll see.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This looks cool to try.
received_609247527797863.jpeg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if I will get any tomatoes.

We are in the 50s again today.... I do have lots of flowers, maybe a bucket of green tomatoes still growing in size.....

The cucumbers did pretty well actually, just had 2 vines... but steady cucumbers.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, if the greens mature in size, you can always take them inside to finish ripening. Brown bag or add a couple apples to the pile 🤣. Don't give up!

I didn't plant a garden this year😵‍💫 Won't happen that way 2024😊 planting lots!!!