What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Been a long day so dinner is whatever I can rustle up. Probably some baked chicken thighs....real exciting, huh? But grateful to have it.

i've always enjoyed those much more than the white meat of chicken. :) did you spice 'em up at all? or just put sauce on afterwards?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yesterday we had a little bit of the baked spaghetti left over and i had picked and chunked up some Beaver Dam peppers so they were available. i cooked those in the microwave for a few minutes and then added the baked spaghetti and then gave it another minute and a half to heat it all through. topped with sriracha bbq sauce (almost used that whole jar off already!) and stirred it all together and it was pretty much a goulash of mostly vegetables and a few noodles and the other stuff. yum yum and down the hatch. :) that was lunch. dinner was a combination of potatoes and bacon and Miracle Whip and then on top of that we put some lettuce and bacon and tomatoes and Mom toasted some of her bread so it was a BLT with a potato involved too. i told her afterwards that it was too much and i wouldn't do that again. also i thought she'd put cheese on the potato so i was expecting it but it wasn't there. she said she didn't think i'd want it. always room for cheese... :) even if the entire bowl of stuff was a bit too much too but i ate it anyways, no way was i wanting that lettuce and bread sit overnight together. some other times i might have been ok with that, but not last night.

this morning we had some corn i'd cut off cobs i'd microwaved last week. Mom didn't want any so again i started by microwaving some more of those chunked peppers and then put the corn in and got it hot all the way though. we'd also had a partial quart of chunked tomatoes opened that Mom didn't need or want so i put those in there too after adding butter and making sure it was all melted and hot enough. so it was almost veggie soup like with those peppers in there giving it some more than usual zing. that was a good breakfast.

i think we might be done with sweet corn as the cobs i used this morning were a bit tough even if they were also edible. it wasn't for us anyways so i just nibbled a few as i was cutting it off the cobs (don't want to give someone tough corn do i? :) ).

i'm not sure what we'll do tonight for dinner. maybe peanut butter on some banana bread for me - probably salad for Mom.