I NEED A BUYER!!!!!!!!!!

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When thinking of making money, you need a hook. Something unique that nobody else is doing. Yet not so different that you don't have sales. Kind of a catch-22. Someone mentioned sunflowers. How about one of it's cousinsm the Jerusalem Artichoke? There's gaining interest in this plant, not for it's flowers but for the potato like tuber that it creates. Native to North America, it is adaptible to most places.

Do some googling, you might find this an interesting crop to grow, I know I'm concidering it.

Good luck on bidding!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
The cool thing about Jerusalem artichokes, or sunchokes, is they are almost like a noxious weed. It took me years to convince my husband that I could keep them under control if I planted them in my CSA gardens, within a stone's throw of his fields :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Do some googling, you might find this an interesting crop to grow, I know I'm concidering it.
I bought a few tiny starters about 7 years ago. I keep forgetting about them since they are on the far side of the garage. They keep coming back! No diseases...no muss no fuss.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ANOTHER COUNTER OFFER RECEIVED, AND ONE LAST COUNTER OFFER GIVEN! :fl :fl :fl

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm suggestiong them as a cash crop. It's something new, unique and, well, actually healthy. There's benifits for those with diabetes to eat them, rather then eating potatoes.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We're meeting with the seller and the broker today to discuss details! :barnie I hope this goes well! :fl Please keep those positive vibes coming my friends! :fl

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Why is it so nerve-wracking???? Arrgh! But once it is yours.....let the planning (and hard work!) begin!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Why is it so nerve-wracking???? Arrgh! But once it is yours.....let the planning (and hard work!) begin!
I'm not afraid of hard work. I like it actually! I transformed my whole property where I'm currently living now. Did TONS of landscaping. Half of the backyard was wooded with mostly pitch pines. My DH cut most of them down and I landscaped the rest. My DH is a woodworker and build lots of cabinets and built-ins throughout the house. We like the challenge. Just imagining the endless possibilities with 3.3 acres and a newly built house! :weee

Latest posts