JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I chucked a 35 pound bag of dog food over the deck rail and onto the deck yesterday. Too lazy to carry it through the gate. So I feel your shoulder pain as well! I got a knot the size of a softball right between my shoulder blades! That is what I get for being lazy! (or impatient ... hubby would have carried it in! :/ )

Can't spell!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
6 Aug 09

I have been flat on my back all week. My sister and her family came in monday, and spent the day here. We had a great visit, and went out to dinner afterwards. Later that evening I started cramping, and was on the pot for 2 hrs straight, drained of all my energy, I had to call my hubby home from work to help me. He took me to the ER, where after several hours, and several pain shots, they determined I have an infection in my Colon. UGH! Today is the first day I am able to be upright, and mobile. Luckily I have a great neighbor, who came to help with the animals, and I let her pick the garden for her pay. She was able to get LOTS of green beans, and a few cucumbers. To make my feeling bad worse, we had storms Tuesday, 6 inches of rain...and the power was out untill Wednesday afternoon. Everything is flooded...drowned..and I cant get out there to do a darned thing about it! UGH! Im sure by the weekend I will be back on my feet, ever so slowly....trying to save what I can.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Poor Justus! :hugs

I have been right where you are last summer with my arthritis. Could only sit and watch as things went down the crapper.

You however, will feel better VERY soon. My daughter had that stuff and it took about two to three weeks before she was truly better. Rest lots. Be sure and eat that yogurt! You body needs the good bacteria to fight off the bad ones. BUT don't eat it within a few hours of taking the antibiotics or all the antibiotics will fight are yogurt bacteria! AND drink lots of pure water as well. More than you want. Clean that system out.

At least you have some help. Last year hubby was so busy helping me that no one tended the garden at all and lots was simply lost. :hit

Before you know it you will be up and filling up that new pantry again! :thumbsup

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry....I feel your pain! Well.....I HAVE felt pain like that but not feeling it now....er...um...hey! You know what I mean! :p

Hey, Just? Want me to come and get your sheep and give them a good home until you are back on your feet? You know, they could be lonely for you and suffering and need someone to snuggle with and my sheep aren't exactly snuggly yet and I thought maybe it would help you out if I came and sort of became their surrogate mommy and could use up some of the sheepy snuggles while you were not up to par.......huh? Sound good? :D You know...out of the goodness of my heart........ ;)

We can discuss your visitation rights later, okay? :/

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Hang in there, justusnak. Let it all go and get some rest.

Although, I would watch for Bee in the sheep's pasture. :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
<whisper mode> Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! You wanna wake her up? She really, really needs her rest and I'm just trying to help a friend here, so shhhhhh it up, Punkin! :tongue

:lol:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
<whisper mode> Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! You wanna wake her up? She really, really needs her rest and I'm just trying to help a friend here, so shhhhhh it up, Punkin! :tongue

:lol:
Only if I can help you . . . hmmm . . . er, watch the sheep! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
<still whispering> Okay! Okay! :tongue I'll share some fuzzies with you if you just keep it on the low-low...... :hide

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
HEY, everybody! I get to help Bee sheep sh**!, I mean ship sheet. Oh blast it, I get to help watch the fuzzies!!

Sorry, Bee! I'm just so excited!! :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Dang it, punkin! Can't take you anywhere! :rant Now she is gonna know we plan to steal her sheep while she's down in the back.... er.... I mean, CARE for her sheep...yeah, that's it....we are gonna CARE for her sheep! :rolleyes: :hide