JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhh, you all are SOoooooo helpfull! I had a tingling in my tummy, thought it was, well, YOU know...but I get on here and see a plot thicken. I think I will go love on my sheep for a few...even if I have to crawl back in the house! LOL
The neighbor girls came over and asked if they could help....Ummmm YEAH!! The barn had flooded...sheep standing in 4 inches of water. :barnie My poor babies!! The water has gone down, but the bedding is ruined. I payed those 2 girls $5.00 each, to much out about 8 wheel barrows of wet straw, and take it to the hog pen. I know, I am cheap, but its all the cash I had on me! Tomorrow hubby will lay fresh straw, after putting down a bag of DE. My poor wet babies.. :hit I was able to mosey out there, and they all came running, bawling. It broke my heart!!! They all got a little extra treat...for being good babies while I am down. I think they will be ok to stay here, but, ummmm, thanks for the offer Bee...and punkin! ;) I will go out there later, and let them kjnow just how loved they are, that you both were so willing, ( maybe a little TOO willing) to come get them and save them from my lack of being able to show them love! :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, Justy....just doin' what we can fer a neighbor, ya know? :) You would do the same for us and all. No thanks needed, just a neighborly gesture....just call us anytime...yep, that's us...just neighborly and all....... :thumbsup

:D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Hey, Justy....just doin' what we can fer a neighbor, ya know? :) You would do the same for us and all. No thanks needed, just a neighborly gesture....just call us anytime...yep, that's us...just neighborly and all....... :thumbsup

I tell ya what....a person NEEDS friends like that! :D Now, get out there and love those little sheep of yours! :love Try Sheep pellets...in your hand. Works every time!

ETA, Bee...I "sorta" wish you was closer. LOLI just know you would give my babies all the lovin they need! And trust me, they need LOTS of hugs, and scratches!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Justy, they are coming around...I've been feeding some sweet feed every other day to the pitiful calf and they share in the bowl. They are much more bold and will sniff me, Black Betty will even let me pet her neck while she is eating but Ugly Betty won't let me close since I caught her and washed/groomed her! :lol:

I may win them over eventually but I don't think they will ever tame down like a bottle baby would be. :( Funny how bad I want them to be calm and come to me for snuggles....I guess I just want to be friends with them since they will be here for a long while. It would make things easier for all concerned.

I would really, really love to live next door to you and care for your fuzzies when you cannot. It would be an honor and a privilege....and I could sneak in a few sheepy comforts for my empty nester heart at the same time! ;)

Mine have taken to following me everywhere I go now.....I guess that is an improvement of a type. :rolleyes:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:

We're just trying to be a blessing is all. Just tryin' to be a blessing.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Bee....maybe if you would stop calling her Ugly Betty she might just come around :plbb

Dang you and Punkin sure are helpful ;)

Justus...I hope you are feeling better soon! It is so hard to be down sick with so much that needs to be done.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I know, Dace, but she is only getting uglier with age....poor thing! Black Betty, on the other hand, looks like a sheep is supposed to look. :rolleyes: