Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Quail,

you can't do that to us. All the __________ business! Come on, come clean. :gig

You already said Emu eggs, what could be worse?

I think you'll enjoy your 30's. I'm 42 now and I have never felt better about myself. I'm not being uppity or nothing, I just mean that I am finally comfortable with who I am. :ya

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Emu meat is supposed to be good but I don't know what kind of market there is for it.

Think of the omelettes you could make from one egg. Or the scrambled eggs. How about a deviled emu egg?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Sorry, punkin, it's not that I am really superstitious or anything, but I just am afraid if I say it, it might not happen.

But I mean, I could say it, but ya'll might think I am off my rocker...oh wait, mayber ya'll already think that? :bun

I'll give you a hint...it doesn't come from an egg.

Dac, I told Dh that ONE emu egg would make our entire family scrambled eggs for breakfast :gig He still wasn't going for it

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
QA
I think I KNOW what the ______is that you want.
:)

if a farm had it for sale, and it ain't cheap....then I got a good idea..LOL-LOL cause I have many of them..HA HA

well, I might be right guessing...but I won't tell you what I think it is cause I don't want to jinx anything.

I would love an alligator egg...hmm..omlette or pet? HA HA

your posts are great to read...I enjoy them.

I will be 48 on Dec. 7. No biggie. I am only 2 years off 50. Ugh. But it doesn't matter. Age is relative to how you feel and how you live your life...but I know what you mean about being 30. For some reason it truly brings you "into" adulthood. Cool.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know FC, it's not in your sig line...LOLOLOL

LOLOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh is it alive?
I assumed it ran on diesel..HA HA HA

oh well....I am way off base then. I will have to wait and see like everyone on what it is :(

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
HAHAHA I figured you were thinking tractor or truck or something...those are on DH's list of wants/needs..

punkin check your pm's already!!!!!!!!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
My 30's were my favorite time of life. I think like you I felt I had finally come into my own. Knew who I was, etc, all that stuff.
Now at 55 umm pushing 56 really hard, when I look back on my life my 30's contain some of my most favorite memories. But then again my 40's were pretty cool and 50's is lookin pretty good so far. LOL I think maybe I am just happy to be alive.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
HAHAHA I figured you were thinking tractor or truck or something...those are on DH's list of wants/needs..

punkin check your pm's already!!!!!!!!!
Did, right back at ya!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, it's Sunday, DH's only day off, and he has a horrible cold! And we have a lot to get done today so we are ready for the next week that he won't be here to help with the chores each day.

On top of homeschooling, we home church, too, so I am going to do the morning Bible Lesson with the kids. We are studying Genesis.

Then it's haul in all the water we will need for the week plus extra. Gotta do a load of laundry for Dh, so that water will have to be hauled in today, too. Then we have to fill the woodbox, as full as possible, but that's an every two day job, so I will have to do that again on Tuesday.

Trying to get the chicken waterers thawed out now. I brought the waterers into the house to warm up, so I can get them apart and refill them. I am soooooooo tired of working with frozen waterers already! And winter is just starting!! I don't mind snow and cold, just not freezing!

Need to also do dishes, and I need to try to have as much of this done within the next 3 hours as possible. My mom is picking me up today to take me up to Lisbon to meet another SS member so I can pick up five beautiful chooks from her! (will tell ya'll about it later!)

Dh never did NOT say no to the emu egg LOL He keeps laughing when I talk about getting _______________________ in the spring. He keeps saying "yea right" in his joking tone, which tells me if we find ________________ in the price range we set for a budget, then I'll be getting _________________ in the spring. So far the ONLY stipulations he has put on that is a new lawnmower (which he needs! I am not pushmowing 2.5 acres for another summer!) and a calf to raise up for butcher. Ok, those we can probably manage...maybe...we'll see. Give and take, it can't be all about me and what I want. :D