Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:old That was not funny QA!

But it sounds like a great plan for you guys :ya

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My in-laws have a no shoes in the house rule. They keep a basket of slippers by the front door for visitors to borrow. :cool:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! You totally deserve it and you can turn the old house into a mega brooder and get that cabinet incubator after all!!!
chicken.gif

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You really are a stinker, QA, and like to get a rise outta folks. :gig Congrats!

Are you going to hold a tear down, move, and rebuild party? :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
You really are a stinker, QA, and like to get a rise outta folks. :gig Congrats!

Hmm...that sounds like a good idea!!!

I don't think we can do the tear down, move, and rebuild in one day though. We have to have the tear down done way before the guy comes in with the truck to move it.

Rebuild can start as soon as they drop it off in our yard. :lol:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
BeccaOH said:

Hmm...that sounds like a good idea!!!

I don't think we can do the tear down, move, and rebuild in one day though. We have to have the tear down done way before the guy comes in with the truck to move it.

Rebuild can start as soon as they drop it off in our yard. :lol:
Sounds like a good idea and I'm pretty sure TR & I can come help. :D

I was thinking that a portion of the old home could be partially buried and then you'd have that root cellar you were dreaming of not so long ago. ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We actually had already started digging out for a root cellar before we'd even had arrangements to get the other place :lol: :p I've got this HUGE hole in my back yard right now that we dig on a little bit each evening. In fact, my 14 year old brother came over and helped dig some of it.

We started the root cellar so we'd have somewhere to put the holding tank for the well, so originally it was to be a small pump house. Then we had the idea that if we made it big enough, I'd have a root cellar!

We have 3 turkey's pipping in the incubator this morning. YAY!! We're super excited about that! We plan to raise them up and hopefully we got some GIRLS in this hatch.

I officially gave up trying to break the broody langshan hen, and I stuffed 11 eggs under her yesterday. The eggs are all pures from my call ducks, blue splash orps, sumatra, and blr wyandottes. :fl they all hatch and that my broody's will be done for the year.

I still have a Welsummer acting broody, and I may very well stuff some more Blue Splash Orp eggs under her.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey QA! I just wanted to pop in and give you a shout. I am SO HAPPY to hear about your new house! That is wonderful news! Everything for you guys is coming along so well. I know how excited you are, it wasn't so long ago I was in the same position. I wish you and your family the best with everything! I am so happy for you! :ya
Chrystal

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:weee -

I am so excited for you. As busy as you are August will be here before you know and you won't be prepared to move because time just got away from you.

I can't wait to hear about all your plans.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Today's Farm News:

- Sold two Sebastopol goslings for a pretty penny. Haven't made a profit on them yet, but I've finally "broke even" as so far in as having made back what I paid to get them.

- had 3 Bourbon Red Turkey poults hatch today - all three look like girls!! :th

- button quail count is now up to 3!! :weee

- I have 3 pipped BBS Orps and 1 Zipping!!

- I sold BBS Orp eggs on BYC today

- Columbian Wyandottes finally laid eggs! whoot!!!

- the Nature's Hatchery Order shipped today!!!! quadruple WHOOT!!