What's for dinner?

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made a couple pizzas tonight, using a dough technique I watched on You tube. They are 10" each. (The pepperoni are oversized.)
First margarite pizza.jpg
first pepperoni pizza.jpg

Crust was soft and crunchy just like the chef said it would be. So good.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night was the left-overs from the pork bbq and some sour dough bread mixed in (it was falling apart so not worth trying to make a sandwich of it). chunked watermelon and muskmelon was the snack for later, but i also needed something more before then so i had some slices of cheese with hotsauce on them and a few small cookies.

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The pizzas were the best I've had since I was in Naples or California, both of which produce some great pizza. About 10" each and the 2 of us ate them both!! Well, mostly DH did. lol

Here's a link to the crust recipe.. Don't be fooled by the two hour claim. There are a few steps that take place over 24 hours, but well worth the effort.

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I had some great pizza in Naples. And I loved the little restaurants in the peoples houses 🤣 like -- we just cook extra & put out a sign 😳🤣. Never work in USA.

AND Bruschetta to die for. :drool I loved Italy.
IDK, I used to dream of having a restaurant in the home that would just serve up to 10 guests a night. But, those were truly nighttime dreams I had. I never actually took them seriously during the daytime. 😂