What are you doing this weekend?!

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm going to spend the weekend chasing down my two year old while simultaneously looking for the cache of eggs I know my chickens are hiding from me. Let's see...my seven acres, my neighbor's six, my other neighbor's five, chasing my kids at the same time, and I have two bad knees. Why do I free range again?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea sad but any snow or ice shuts this state down cause we can't handle it.
people hole up and don't move...lol

we gort about 4 inches. no ice which is nice. now when this melts in a day or 2 we will have our fab mud puddles all over again :(

any snow/ice threat schools immediately shut down here. doesn't matter if there is a flake at all, just the thought cancels everything here.

DD in high gear. Get out the sled. WEE

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, 19 month old baby boy woke up at 6:30 am - no sleeping in here! I also heard a chick cheeping in the 'bator at the same time, so new chick, and wide awake toddler.

Put on the coffee, let the dogs out, broke out the crayons, and sat at the table with baby boy on my lap and let him scribble on some paper. That occupied him for 10 minutes. Then he snacked on some cereal, now he's on my lap while I'm here and he's trying to see what is close by for him to get into - from my lap!

Drinking first cup of coffee and waiting for the rest of the household to wake up.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been debating for an hour whether to go to an auction or stay home. It's flurrying at the moment, they are not going to cancel the auction due to weather, but do I want to stand out in the snow & cold on the off chance I'll find something very cool, very cheap?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She has such a cute little udder!
BB, that just cracked me up. :lol: Only a phrase you could see here.
I am enjoying the sound of...nothing! Woohooo! I have the house to myself! But the dog and I are going to tangle soon. She isn't used to to the quiet and has been growling and going off at every creak the house makes, every car that drives by, every time a neighbor makes noise, etc. Putting my adrenals into overdrive every 5 minutes is not what I had in mind for a peaceful weekend. She's cooling off in her kennel for now.
I am going to clean, not multitask unless I want to, do the taxes, exercise, then run errands and wind up with my favorite pizza and some sort of chocolate.

And now that I read through all the replies I'm wishing I had some chicks in the bator, and maybe I will start some lettuce seeds just for the heck of it!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I plan to re do my nest boxes and make them less friendly to roost on :/ want to lay out a couple of raised beds for my garden and work on the fence some more - plus some house cleaning and vegging out. Maybe I'll skip everything but veggin out :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have to move a big table out of the spare room and put in a small table. The only problem is both have to be completely dismantled. Arggg.

Then I have to make the room livable for my son. He gets a few days leave and is going to visit. Next month he goes to Iraq :hit

I want to do some work outside, but my yard is a giant ice ball and I just checked the 10 day forecast. Nice, snow, nice, snow, nice, snow...

Ahhhh! Springtime in the Rockies :tongue

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We're doing the backyard bird count too!

Hopefully going to pick up some toad tadpoles-not sure if that is the right term.

Giving a lesson in church tomorrow.

Hopefully finishing the remodeling project we started during Christmas break- replacing all interior doors.

Hopefully find the roo a new home, and if not, cross fingers that he doesn't hit puberty yet.

Make something yummy for Valentine's day.

Paint the threshold of the front door.